Legal and Intellectual Property
Our IP division provides following services to its domestic and International Clients:
- Trademark, Patent, Copy right and industrial design registrations
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark Research
- Statement of Use
- Monitoring Services
- Trademark Renewal
- Trademark Revival
- Office Action Response Packages and Appeals
- Other Trademark Services
Patent Services is a patent search firm that conducts varied and complex patent searches for
- Intellectual property law firms
- Corporate entities
- Independent inventors in the mechanical, electrical, chemical, computer, business methods, communications, optics, biotechnological and medical arts.
- Copyright Registration
- Copyright Opinion Letter
- Request to Reconsider and Procedural Response Packages
- Other Copyright Services
Industrial Design Registrations
Industrial designs are compositions of lines or
Colors or any three-dimensional forms which give
A special appearance to a product.
- They protect the ornamental or aesthetic aspect Of a product (not functional).
- Exclusive rights: Right to prevent others from Applying (making, selling or importing) the Protected design to commercial products for a Period of 10 to 25 years.
- Requirement of registration (new EU legislation Includes unregistered design protection).
- Intellectual Property Litigation
Our comprehensive work delivers a complete service including handling of representations before the registrars and ancillary court appearances. Intellectual Property Services practice regularly assists our clients in effecting trademark and patent registration in devising overall corporate strategies to protect their intellectual property rights in the region. We are the Expert of Intellectual Property Law. Our firm is one of the most active Intellectual Property Services practice in the Pakistan. The lawyers have experience and expertise in handling all types of trademark, copyright, patent and other intellectual property matters.
Intellectual Property Matters in Region
We provide the intellectual property matters in region together with Pakistan for our national and international clients. The countries in which we provide services through our associates include:
- Sri Lanka
Licensing & Assignments
A license is a temporary or limited transfer of certain copyright rights. It can be made on an exclusive or non-exclusive basis, meaning the copyright owner can license the work to more than one person at the same time. As a result, licenses are more economical ways for small businesses to use copyrighted content.
An assignment is a permanent transfer of one or all of the copyright rights, similar to the sale of personal property. Assignments are normally more expensive because the purchaser has total ownership and can resell or license the works themselves.
It’s an agreement creating obligations enforceable by law. The basic elements of a contract are mutual assent, consideration, capacity, and legality. In some states, the element of consideration can be satisfied by a valid substitute.
Civil Law suits
It’s the court-based process through which Person A can seek to hold Person B liable for some type of wrong. Usually, if Person A is successful, he or she will be awarded compensation for the harm that resulted from Person B’s action or inaction.